Image Map

Thursday, October 2, 2014

The First Trimester



Symptoms:
Morning sickness kicked in around 6 weeks and let up around 13 weeks. Those 6 weeks were more than enough for me! Nausea pretty much around the clock, throwing up at random times during the day, headaches and migraines, and exhaustion. Thank goodness I had a student teacher during this time in my pregnancy because I was certainly not a very effective teacher!


Aversions:
Different things on different days. The only food item I can say that consistently grossed me out was cooked shrimp. Not fried shrimp, but like shrimp scampi shrimp. The thought of it was enough to make me sick.


Cravings:
Gatorade. I drank a ton of it early on in my pregnancy and then pretty much stopped drinking it cold turkey. I loved the strawberry lemonade flavor, and whatever the green flavor was. I also craved ruebens for like a week straight at one point during the first trimester.


Maternity Clothes:
The sweatshirt in the picture above was a maternity sweatshirt from Asos, but I definitely didn't need to be wearing it. I just wanted to! I didn't really sport any maternity wear during the first trimester.


Bump:
I didn't really have a bump to speak for during the first trimester, although I was dying for one!


Preparing for Baby:
I purchased a pregnancy journal and a book or two about pregnancy. We knew we are going to be team green so I didn't go crazy shopping for baby. I did buy a pair of gray and striped gray leggings waaaaaay before I was pregnant!


Who Knows:
By the end of the first trimester, all of our family and many of our friends knew we were pregnant. My superintendent also knew because I was considered high-risk until about halfway through my pregnancy and needed to leave work for doctor's appointments. We waited much longer to "officially" announce it on Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment