Image Map

Friday, October 3, 2014

The Second Trimester



Symptoms:
Morning sickness had faded out by the end of the first trimester. I continued to get awful migraines into my second trimester. I finally asked for a prescription for something stronger than Tylenol and was given a script for a medication approved for use during pregnancy. It was a lifesaver. I got my last major migraine the day of my 16 week appointment. Other than that I felt great during the second trimester and really enjoyed being pregnant.

Aversions:
None at all. Occasionally, things didn't appeal to me, but no more than when I wasn't pregnant.

Cravings:
My cravings for all things sweet really kicked into gear during the second half of my pregnancy. This was unusual because I was never really a dessert person, but all of the sudden I couldn't get enough sugar! I loved things like pancakes, donuts, pastries, and pop-tarts. I also became a big fan of cereal, specifically craving Smart Start and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Maternity Clothes:
I started wearing maternity jeans around 16 weeks, though I could still (uncomfortably) fit into regular pants. At work I wore a lot of dresses with leggings. I started really needing maternity, or maternity-like, clothing around 23 weeks.

Bump:
I thought my bump popped around 16 weeks but it wasn't noticeable to others for a few weeks after that! I'd say strangers started noticing around 25 weeks. I loved, loved, loved having a bump!

Preparing for Baby:
We bought a few things here and there but not a lot because we didn't know the sex {although we were both leaning towards boy}. I started purchasing for the nursery...things like a cloud mobile, a hot-air balloon art print, and a few other items. My mom bought a crib for her house but we hadn't picked out our own yet!

Who Knows:
Everyone! We announced our pregnancy on Facebook during the 20th week of my pregnancy. I shared with my students around the same time.



No comments:

Post a Comment