Image Map

Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Third Trimester


Symptoms:
Heartburn, major, major heartburn. I ate Tums like candy, including in the middle of the night. Weird dreams. A touch of insomnia. Swollen feet and hands. Wedding rings came off around week 30. Pregnancy face really set in around 25 weeks. It was harder to move and breath but I still enjoyed being pregnant right down to the end of it all. Looking at these third trimester pictures makes me want to do it all over again.


Aversions:
None. None at all.


Cravings:
Cereal in a major way. Hot fudge sundaes and milkshakes. Chocolate-banana smoothies from Wawa. Canned or fountain Coca-Cola over mounds of ice, with a straw.


Maternity Clothes:
I loved the Liz Lange Maternity Tanks from Target {and still do, post-partum}, and a few maxi skirts from Motherhood Maternity. I had a few maternity dresses but a lot of my wardrobe was maxi dresses I already had in my closet. Flip-flops. I didn't realize that my feet had really grown until I tried some shoes on after I had Ella. Had I been pregnant in any other season I would have had to buy new shoes a size up.


Bump:
Loved everything about having a bump! It got uncomfortable towards the end but even then I loved it.


Preparing for Baby:
As you can see from pictures, we got a majority of Ella's nursery done by 36 weeks. I washed what few clothes we had and we put out the baby swing and rock'n'play before baby's arrival. Read lots of books and became obsessed with the bump app and my birth club. Spent lots and lots of quality time with our first baby, Georgie.


Who Knows:
Everyone! There was no hiding the bump in the hot summer weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment